Soon after you hit the trail, Nim Shue Wan village appears up ahead, scattered with quaint cottages and small farmlands. Follow the wooded path uphill and pass by trees nailed with wooden crosses and pictures of Christ that represent the stations of the cross. You'll soon come upon Our Lady of Joy, a Trappist monastery featuring a mix of eastern and western religious architecture.
Summit the peak after a steep staircase delivers you to a viewing platform with panoramic vistas over Hong Kong. After about 1,000 steps downhill, you'll reach Mui Wo on Lantau Island, which you can explore after lunch. Shuttle between old cottages, listen to the rushing creek, peek into an ancient temple, and wander around this enclave known for its rural beauty. Your efforts are rewarded with a visit to a 65-foot-high (20-meter) waterfall.
Your 10-hour tour ends here in Mui Wo, where you're free to enjoy the sunset or order a seafood dinner (own expense) before making your way back to the city.
Departure Time: 8:30 AM
Departure Point: Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station
Return Details: Mui Wo (Lantau Island)
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Meals as per itinerary
- Local guide
- Public transportation costs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Once this product is successfully booked, it cannot be changed or canceled
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 18 to 70
Child: Age 6 to 17
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for hiking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers