Once on the path, your attention is soon with the beauty of the forest trail and the breathtaking vistas. You will be walking through forest for the entire hike but every now and then the view opens up to the urban jungle of the Kowloon Peninsula down below us. At first, you overlook stone-cutters Island, the container harbor and huge volumes of industrial buildings. Later Nathan Road unfolds below, the railway to Hung Hom, and more residential and office districts come into view.
On clear days, you can see the skyline of Hong Kong Island. Half into the hike, the former Kai Tak Airport, now fitted with a cruise terminal, stretches out below us. All this while you are surrounded by lush greens! At the foot of Lion Rock we have the choice of either climbing over it or to bypass it on a more level path. Eventually the trail will lead you to Sha Tin Pass, from which you stroll down, leaving the mountain and forest behind, forward into the busyness of Wong Tai Sin district below.
Departure Time: 8:30am
Departure Point: Central, Hong Kong (see voucher for details)
Return Details: Wong Tai Sin MTR
:Tour option details are as follows
- Professional guide
- Hiking Tour
- Public transport
- Food and drinks
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 12 to 80
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
Minimum age is 12 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 12 people per booking
Hiking on nature path - difficulty level: medium
Please wear comfortable hiking shoes - Trekking shoes or trainers with good grip essential.
Clothing - Sun and rainfall can be intense and a hat is recommended. During the winter season (November - March) temperatures can drop with a chilling wind, so a sweater/fleece is advisable. During the wet season (April - September) a plastic raincoat or umbrella is recommended. In warmer months (May - October) it is advisable to carry a spare T-shirt or other garment to change into at the end of the hike
Skin Protection - Suntan lotion should be used throughout the year.
Please bring you own water.
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers