You will enjoy lunch and be introduced to authentic Chinese cuisine in a restaurant where locals frequent. In the Afternoon, the cooking class begin with a guided market visit to gain better understandings about ingredients such as vegetables and meats you will be using for cooking. Then you will receive a lecture on the history of Sichuan Cuisine and the governing principles in cooking Sichuan food. Next, you will spend some time learning knife skills to cut vegetables and meats for prepping. Then you will cook a few popular dishes of your choice before the class begins. After you have fixed all the dishes, enjoy your own cooking. The length of the cooking class will be a half-day sampling experience.
Travel Highlights: 1. Visit Chengdu Panda Base - the base with most giant pandas in China 2. Visit local market with a local guide and learn about basic ingredients for Chinese cuisine 3. Make most popular Sichuan dishes guided by a local chef 4. Learn the culture of Chinese cuisine and more stories behind them
What will you learn?
1. Cooking skills, such as cutting and preparing your pantry
2. Traditional Sichuan dishes
3. Chengdu comfort food, such as “Dandan Noodle”
4. Dumpling making
5. Sichuan pastries
6. Sichuan pickles
7. Home-made rice wine
8. Sichuan hotpot
9. Traditional Sichuan soups
10. Chinese medicinal cuisine
11. Traditional Tibetan flavor, such as yak butter tea
Your menu could cater to your liking based on the list above. You could choose the dishes you love the most and your chef will help you prepare your meal!
How do you learn?
Step 1. Visit to the local wet market with your chef to gain better understandings of basic ingredients
Step 2. Lecture of Sichuan cuisine history and Chinese food culture
Step 3. Prepare the pantry and practice cutting skill
Step 4. Start cooking
Step 5. Enjoy the dishes you have made
You will be transferred back to your hotel after the meal.
Departure Time: 7:30am
Departure Point: Your Chengdu hotel
Return Details: Your Chengdu hotel
:Tour option details are as follows
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
Not wheelchair accessible
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers