This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tofukuji Temple, 15-chōme-778 Honmachi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, 605-0981, Japan
First we'll head to one of the city’s must-see sights, the Tofukuji Temple. Originally built in the 13th century, and famous for its traditional, yet modern, Zen garden, this is a great place to escape to a relaxed atmosphere in the city. Learn about the origin and inspiration for the garden, and what it means to the monks who continue to live and study here.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Fushimi Inari Taisha, 68 Fukakusa Yabunouchichō, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-0882, Japan
Next we walk through a nice local residential neighbourhood to the Fushimi Inari Shrine. Home to a seemingly endless stretch of iconic red torii gates spread across a thickly wooded mountain, this shrine is a world unto itself. Walk through snaking corridors of red gates, made famous in the film Memoirs of Geisha, stopping to admire the shrines and many fox statues. Major photo opportunity alert!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gionmachi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0001 Kyoto Prefecture
As the sun begins to set on the Toriis, we leave behind the foxes and head to Gion, famously known as Kyoto’s Geisha district. This area was the model for Memoirs of Geisha, and it comes alive with people and lights in the evening. Stroll past the 17th-century traditional restaurants and teahouses, many of which are still exclusive establishments for Geisha entertainment, see the theatres and traditional shops, and soak up the atmosphere of this historic quarter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Time: 2:00 PM
Departure Point: Kyoto Central Post Office, 843-12 Higashishiokōjichō, Shimogyō-ku, Kyoto, 600-8799, Japan
Return Details: Kyoto, Japan
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 2:00 PM
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transportation fare during tour
- Entry/Admission - Fushimi Inari Taisha
- Entry/Admission - Gion
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Child: Age 6 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
A moderate amount of walking is involved- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Maximum group size is 12
Near public transportation
Most travelers can participate
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: On this tour you visit many places with cultural significance, including shrines, temples, Zen Gardens and the Geisha district, which helps protect and preserve the cultural heritage of Kyoto.
Included in the price of your tour is the entrance fee to Tofukiji, which helps maintain the site.
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund