Then, cycle to Heian-Jingu Shrine, a spiritual center of Japan. Note its impressive bright red torii (a sacred gate) and replica buildings of the old Kyoto Palace.
Make your way along the quaint canals to the Nanzenji Temple, a classic example of Zen Buddhism, and admire its stunning smaller temples. Take some time to sit and contemplate the natural beauty before heading down the Path of Philosophy.
Flanked by hundreds of cherry trees, the Path of Philosophy was named by Nishida Kitaro, one of Japan's most famous philosophers, who was said to practice meditation while walking this route on his daily commute to Kyoto University. Then return to Kyoto Station.
Please note: this tour covers about 9 miles (15 kilometers) by bicycle, and can be quite strenuous for travelers who are not used to cycling. This tour is recommended for guests with a medium level of fitness.
Departure Time: 8:45 AM
Departure Point: Kyoto Ekimae Bus Stop, Higashishiokojicho, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, 600-8216, Japan
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 8:45 AM
- Local English-speaking guide
- Use of bicycle and helmet
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Please note: Shimogamo Shrine will no longer be visited on this tour.
Please note that this tour covers about 15 kilometres by bicycle, and can be quite strenuous for travellers who are not used to cycling. We recommend this tour for guests who have at least a medium level of fitness ability.
Maximum group size is 9
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund