This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Lake Wakatipu is an inland lake in the South Island of New Zealand. It is in the southwest corner of the Otago region, near its boundary with Southland. Lake Wakatipu comes from the original Māori word Whakatipu wai-māori
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Upon entering the Fiordland National Park, the largest National Park in NZ, travel up along side the Eglington River to three mountain lakes at the head of the Eglington Valley. During this part of the journey you will make the first of our many sightseeing stops that also allow for some great photo opportunities. You have a couple of different locations for lunch and will endeavor to select the best spot on the day. With some fantastic walks in the area, this is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful alpine forest up close.
After lunch you head towards the Homer Tunnel, taking in some incredible mountain views while driving along side the crystal clear waters of the Hollyford river. Once through the Homer Tunnel, you'll wind the way down the Cleddau Valley. At this time you arrive in an area called Fiordland but are visiting a "Sound", the difference will be explained.
You link up with a scenic cruise for a 1 hour and 45 minute excursion on the fjord.
The barbecue lunch includes a classic Kiwi BBQ of marinated lamb kebabs, chicken kebabs and sausages, a good range of salads, fresh bread and fruit juice. Vegetarian patties are available on request. Please be sure to specify any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Milford Sound is a fiord in the southwest of New Zealand’s South Island. It’s known for towering Mitre Peak, plus rainforests and waterfalls like Stirling and Bowen falls, which plummet down its sheer sides. The fiord is home to fur seal colonies, penguins and dolphins.
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Lake Te Anau is in the southwestern corner of the South Island of New Zealand. The lake covers an area of 344 km², making it the second-largest lake by surface area in New Zealand and the largest in the South Island. It is the largest lake in Australasia by fresh water volume.
Stop At: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
The Homer Tunnel is a 1.2 km long road tunnel in the Fiordland region of the South Island of New Zealand, opened in 1953. New Zealand State Highway 94 passes through the tunnel, linking Milford Sound to Te Anau and Queenstown, by piercing the Darran Mountain range at the Homer Saddle
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, Milford Sound New Zealand
See the picturesque Eglinton Valley
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Enjoy a beautiful short nature walk and view the famous Mirror Lakes
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
Additional Pick ups:
- Fernhill Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)
- Arthurs Point Hotel (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)
- Rydges Bus Stop, Lake Esplanade (For Rydges Resort, QT Queenstown, and Peppers Beacon)
- Queenstown Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)
- Central Queenstown (Please meet the us outside Base Backpackers, 49 Shotover Street)
- Amber Lodge, 1 Gorge Rd (For Gorge Rd, Henry St, and Turner St accomodations)
- Cnr Cemetery Rd & Brecon St (For Lakeview Holiday Park, The Dairy, Browns Boutique)
- Upper Stanley Street Bus Stop, Stanley St (For Heartland Hotel, Blue Peaks, Caples Court, Four Seasons and Scenic suites)
- Millennium Hotel Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Millennium Hotel, Melbourne Lodge, Hurley's, Autoline Motel)
- Pounamu Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Swiss Belsuites, Colonial Village, Villa del Lago, Oaks Club)
- Hensman Rd / Oaks Shores Bus Stop (For The Rees, Oaks Shores, Andrews Rd, and Hensman Rd)
- Sherwood Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Sherwood, Holiday Inn, Goldfield Heights)
- Battery Hill Bus Stop, Frankton Rd
- Perkins Rd Bus Stop, Frankton Rd
- Marina Drive Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Mantra Marina)
- Frankton Bus Shelter, Cnr of Gray Street & Kawarau Rd
If your accommodation is not listed, please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time
Tour option details are as follows:
Day Tour 7:30am Departure 07:30:
Option Descriptions: 7:30am Departure: 7:30am Departure (November to April). Returns at approximately 8:30pm.
Option Departure Time: 7:30 AM
Day Tour Plus Scenic Flight 07:30:
Option Descriptions: Scenic Flight: After your cruise, board a once in a lifetime scenic flight back to Queenstown.
Duration: 13 hours
Fixed Wing Aircraft: Flights are by fixed wing aircraft and take approx. 40 mins.
Option Departure Time: 7:30 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop off (at select Queenstown accommodations)
- Nature Cruise on Milford Sound.
- Local Driver/Guide.
- Sightseeing Stops with opportunities for short bush walks.
- Lunch - Picnic Lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Additional Snacks (we provide lunch, but it is a long day)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 13 to 99
Child: Age 2 to 12
Infant: Age 0 to 1
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
Special meal requests such as vegetarian or do not eat pork, lamb, chicken or beef MUST be advised at time of booking and then reconfirmed at least 24 hours prior to departure.
During the months of May to October and the Early Bird Summer departures the itinerary for this tour will be modified. Due to Covid-19 we are no longer able to offer our buffet style BBQ lunch. We will be providing a picnic lunch instead.
Not wheelchair accessible
Please be aware that this is a full day excursion (up to 13 hours for our Summer tours) due to road distances.
Most travelers can participate
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands