The day’s journey begins in earnest. After passing through the center of Oʻahu and alongside Wheeler Airfield, one of the first targeted objectives of the Japanese naval attack, you head toward the North Shore. The famous Dole Plantation provides a refreshing stop. Feed the koi fish in the plantation fish pond or grab a sweet frozen pineapple DoleWhip® .
Catch the laid-back local rhythm of the North Shore as you pass through the small towns with just the right mix of surfing culture and country island-style. Sunset Beach. Banzai Pipeline. Waimea Bay. The shoreline’s famous names come to life as your guide shares fascinating local facts and tales.
Time to stretch your legs and discover where old Laʻie comes to life! The Hukilau Marketplace is a vintage throwback to 1950’s Hawaii where nostalgic foods, handmade goods and friendly locals give you a taste of the North Shore’s good ol’days. Enjoy a COMPLIMENTARY LUNCH BUFFET on us at the Hale Aloha OR wander the Marketplace and make your own choices amongst the varied island delights.
Turning towards the majestic power of the island’s lush and rugged mountain range, you rise up to the final battlefield where King Kamehameha fought to unify the Hawaiian Islands. Standing high on the windswept Nuʻuanu Pali cliffs, you can feel its wild and tragic history, an ancient parallel to the morning’s Pearl Harbor stories of bravery in the face of conflict.
Waimanalo. Sherwood Forest. Makapuʻu. Sandy Beach. These are the bodysurfing playgrounds that draw locals from all around the island.Beware. It is not as easy as it looks! Seabirds soar above the island’s windswept coastline where ancient lava fields descend into the sea. Halona blowhole, a natural underground lava tube, funnels plumes of ocean water into the sky in syncopation with the sea. Hanauma Bay hovers on the eastern tip of the island-home to a living coral reef and safe haven for fish and marine animals.
Early afternoon will find you turning back towards Honolulu, cruising around the slopes of Diamond Head, Hawaii’s most famous landmark.
Don’t forget your camera for photo opportunities galore. The young and young-at-heart will be entertained by island folklore and history shared by your guide throughout the day. It is the complete island experience for the whole family.
Departure Time: 6:00 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 6:00 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - USS Arizona Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Pearl Harbor National Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Dole Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Diamond Head State Monument
- Entry/Admission - Waimanalo Beach
- Entry/Admission - Makapu'u Beach
- Entry/Admission - Sandy Beach Park
- Entry/Admission - Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve
- Entry/Admission - Nu’uanu Pali
- Entry/Admission - U.S. Army Schofield Barracks
- Entry/Admission - Halona Blowhole
- Entry/Admission - Kahala Beach
- Entry/Admission - Hukilau Beach
- Storage available for purchase ($5 per bag)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Infant: Age 0 to 2
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Child: Age 3 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Security restrictions at Pearl Harbor will be enforced. Please do not bring large bags or anything that could offer concealment. Storage is available at Pearl Harbor an additional cost
On rare occasions, the Navy unexpectedly suspends shuttle operations to the USS Arizona In such case, you will still be able to visit the many Arizona Memorial exhibits, visitor’s center and park monuments
Dress comfortably, but please remember that shirts and shoes are required on the USS Arizona Memorial; swimsuits not permitted. High heels, dresses and skirts not recommended
Complimentary lunch stop en route included at the Hale Aloha Buffet, Hukilau Marketplace only. All other food and beverage purchases on own
Guide reserves the right to adjust route for maximum visitor enjoyment and safety
Be ready for spur-of-the-moment stops, unexpected views and special sightseeing along the way!
Most travelers can participate
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers