This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piața Libertății, Piaţa Libertății 23, Gheorgheni 535500, Romania
If requested, your guide will pick you up at your accommodation in Gheorgheni and transfer to Red Lake and the Bicaz Gorges on a 30 minutes ride.
Stop At: Lacu Rosu (Red Lake), Lacu Rosu Romania
Once you arrive to the starting point of the tour, your guide will provide you the necessary equipment and together you will walk to the starting point of the tour either around 200 m if you choose the easier trail or around 2 km if you choose the more challenging Wild Ferenc trail. Along with a helmet, you’ll be provided with a harness and lanyards, made up of two leashes that are clipped onto the cable for safety.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bicaz Canyon, Dn12c, Lacu Rosu 535502 Romania
Once you arrive to the starting point of the via ferrata trail, the adventure begins. You will climb a series of iron cables and ladders, each of which provide a safe, protected way to challenge yourself and gain a unique viewpoint above this amazing natural area. Your professional guide will teach you the ins and outs of Via Ferrata and explain how to use your equipment, ensuring a safe and fun ascent. Then it’s time to begin your climbing challenge above Red Lake resort. With the entire route secured in this manner, Via Ferrata is a family-friendly activity.
As you make your way up guided by a series of fixed cables and ladders, stop to admire the scenery. In the second half of the trail you will also need to cross the trails iconic suspension bridge. Here you may write down a few words about your experience in the trail’s guestbook hidden at the end of the bridge.
Your Via Ferrata adventure ends at the top of the 1345 m high Kiscohard or Suhardu Mic Massif where we can rest for a while, discuss the thrills of the tours and even trek a bit to get a glimpse of the Bicaz Gorges from above.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Red Lake, Lacu Rosu 535502 Romania
From the Kiscohard peak we hike down and get back to the cars on a hiking trail.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point: Lacu Roșu 535502, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from Gheorgheni or from Red Lake is included in the price free of charge. Other locations are available at a surcharge.
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 9:00 AM15:00:
Option Departure Time: 3:00 PM
- Professional bilingual guide
- Necessary equipment - harnesses, helmets, slings, lanyards
- Pick-up and drop-off in Gheorgheni is included in the price of the tour.
- Entry/Admission - Bicaz Canyon
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Gheorgheni is available on request at a surcharge
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 18 to 70
Youth: Age 12 to 17
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Not wheelchair accessible
Please indicate your preferred departure time
What to bring: sturdy hiking boots or running shoes (no sandals), sunscreen, water, snacks, long sleeved pants which let you do bigger upward steps.
Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult practicing activity.
Near public transportation
Most travelers can participate
Please note that while no prior climbing experience is necessary, guests should be fit enough to climb a ladder.
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate