You’ll head East toward Makapuu, where you’ll explore the rock formation known as Pele’s Chair, as well as towering Koko Head. There, you’ll learn about the history, cultural significance, and local lore surrounding the “chair” that overlooks the ocean below.
Prepare to be amazed at your next stop, which includes exploring an ancient Hawaiian heiau, otherwise known as a Hawaiian temple. The Makapuu Heiau, located near Makapuu Beach Park, is a site still sacred to the Hawaiian people and recently preserved and cared-for by the locals.
As you round the windward side of Oahu, your next stop is in the bustling beach town of Kailua, where you’ll visit the Ulupo Heiau, considered a State Historic Site in Hawaii. Here, you can explore the area, which served as a religious site for Native Hawaiians.
From Kailua, it’s a short drive to the incredible Pali Lookout, site of the history-changing Battle of Nuuanu. There, in 1795, King Kamehameha I won the struggle that finally united Oahu under his rule. This fierce battle claimed hundreds of soldiers’ lives, many of whom were forced off the Pali’s sheer cliffs!
As you round-out your tour, your guide will take you to your last stop, you’ll visit the grounds of the beautiful and serene Iolani Palace. Iolani Palace may be best known as the home where Hawaii’s last reigning monarch.
Departure Time: 10:00 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
We provide free pickup from all Waikiki Hotels. If you're staying outside of Waikiki there is an additional fee of $59.00 paid to driver at time of pickup. No pick-up from Turtle Bay Resort at this time. Please contact the supplier upon confirmation for exact pick-up time and location.
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- include transportation that transport guests between sights
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 13 to 80
Child: Age 0 to 12
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Most travelers can participate
Not wheelchair accessible
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions