Visiting Lagos for the first time? This hiking trip (with HIKE ALGARVE) is for you.
Think: hiking along a picture-perfect coastline whilst tasting fresh produce plucked from the trees.
We'll start meeting in the historic centre of Lagos, where I'll explain about the lavish history of Lagos: from the slave trade to the age of navigation and exploration. I'll also detail the geology and nature we can expect to see, such as the curious rock formations along the coastline, formed as a result of the earthquake in 1755 which dramatically transformed this landscape.
We'll head along the coast hugging the path as we peer down at caves and grottos below. If we're lucky, we may spot a pod of dolphins. We'll pass Ponta da Piedade to gaze upon the wildly rugged rock formations, complete with sink holes and paths meandering here and there. We'll climb steps cut into the cliffs to hike down to the beach and soak up the great swath of sand. If they're in season, we'll pick almonds, figs & carobs straight from the trees to taste as we trot back into the old town and finish our walk.
• Ponta da Piedade Lighthouse, Lagos Portugal
Departure Point: Praça Infante Dom Henrique, 8600-315 Lagos, Portugal
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 7:00 AM
Option Departure Time: 3:00 PM
- Snacks - Home-grown (and homemade!) snacks from our farm are included. Think seasonal produce carefully swirled into daily delicacies.
Change & Refund Policies
- Once this product is successfully booked, it cannot be changed or canceled
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 15 to 90
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
Near public transportation
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
I also wear gloves.