Once our professional guide picks you up in the hotel, begin this full-day tour visiting Shanghai’s Old Town called Nanshi.
Stroll with your guide through one of Shanghai’s premier sights, the Yuyuan Gardens. This park from the imperial Ming-era is full of pavilions, small pools with carps, and most important, nature all around. Admire the spring and summer blooms amid the pine, willow and cherry trees (depending on the season), and have a look at the adjacent bazaar.
Follow your guide on foot to a traditional Chinese wet market where you can see the local busy vendors selling all sort of fresh products, especially healthy vegetables, delicious fish and curious seafood.
Then venture to a local home to gain a fascinating insight into a Chinese family. Under the guidance of the family, you will learn how to prepare Shanghai-style wontons, and you will sit down for lunch to discuss daily living in Shanghai.
After lunch, continue your tour to Tianzifang, a renovated residential area in the French Concession teeming with arts and crafts. Meander through the labyrinth of narrow alleyways, passing handicraft shops, cafes, art studios and galleries, and learn about the Western and Chinese elements of the preserved Shikumen style of architecture.
Head towards your final activity of the day, a cruise on the Huangpu River, stopping on the way at a silk factory. Here you will discover the steps of traditional Chinese silk production, a process that dates back 4,000 years. Once on the boat, glimpse more than 100 years of architectural styles checking the differences between both shores, with the neoclassic Bund buildings on one side, and the futuristic skyscrapers of Pudong on the other side.
At the end of the day, your guide will drop you off at your hotel.
8:30 Pick up from hotel
Visit Yuyuan Garden & Old Shanghai Bazaar
Visit a local wet market
Visit a Chinese family and learn to make Wonton
Have a lunch in the family
Take a walk at Tianzifang
Huangpu River cruise
Stop at a silk factory
Tour ends at 4:30pm.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Cooking class with a professional chef
- Your cooked lunch (food only)
- Huangpu River cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 08:30 at least 3 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 08:30 at least 3 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- 1.Your guide will contact you by calling your hotel room in the evening one day before the tour date to inform you the meeting time and place ( usually it is hotel lobby)
- 2. If hotel pickup&dropoff is included in the tour, the hotel should be within Waihuan( the Outer Ring). If not, our reservation staff will contact by email or mobile phone for extra fee.
- 3.Emergency number: +86-173-1081-6461
Adult: Age 18 to 85
Tour starts at 8:30 am
Tour ends at 4:30 pm
Dress in comfortable shoes
The max group size is 6 pax, if you have a bigger group, please do not consider this product.
Please note that there may be a wait as there are several cruises per day, and the exact departing time will be notified when your guide collects the pre-reserved tickets at the Port. During holidays and typhoon season, the next available cruise can be held up to 90 minutes after arrival.
Please note that the seats at the cruises are limited and usually taken by the first customers that access the cruise