At a beloved local bakery in Lok Fu Place, you will be able to taste golden egg tarts—Hong Kong’s last governor Chris Patten’s favorite street snack—fresh off the oven. Then, you'll have the opportunity of admiring a veteran tea master’s skills and knowledge as he performs the traditional Teochew tea ceremony for you. His family business has grown from a little village shop over 50 years ago to the tea oasis in Lok Fu Place today.
Next, you'll stroll through the beautifully-landscaped Kowloon Walled City Park, where the legendary Kowloon Walled City once stood. Your guide would tell a rich slew of fascinating stories that arose out of the near-century-long political and legal vacuum of the Walled City. The legacy of the Walled City perpetuates in the form of our next tasty dish—follow your guide to a well-kept secret for the most juicy and bouncy fish balls in town by the Lam Family! Their legendary fish ball shop once resided in the Kowloon Walled City.
You'll then enjoy an assortment of dim sum in a eatery in Wong Tai Sin, where you can go behind-the-scene for a demonstration of dim sum making by the master chefs. Hear the contributions of the Shanghainese to Hong Kong as you enjoy a delicious bowl of Shanghainese noodles. You'll also hear memories from the hillside squatters that used to define the area, and see how the mosaic of well-designed public housing blocks shape unique communities in Hong Kong.
(The sixth dish would be a mystery dish to be revealed on the tour!)
Departure Time: 10:00 AM
Departure Point: MTR Lok Fu Station, Lo Fu Ngam, Hong Kong
Return Details: Temple Mall, 136 Ching Tak St, Chuk Un, Hong Kong
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Food tastings
- A sit-down lunch
- Transport fares between selected spots in the itinerary
- Commentary by a professional English-speaking local guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Extra food items not included as part of the itinerary
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Child: Age 6 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Not wheelchair accessible
Children must be accompanied by an adult
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers