This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aswan, Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Nile River Valley
In the early 1960s, when Egypt built the High Dam at Aswan, Egyptologists and archaeologists the world over heeded UNESCO's appeal to salvage the monuments of Egyptian Nubia before the rising waters of Lake Nasser submerged them forever.
*Due to the quantities of material recovered from tombs, temples, and settlements, UNESCO was encouraged in the 1980s to plan a new Nubian museum in Aswan where the objects could be stored and exhibited. It was universally felt at the time that they should be kept as close as possible to their principal places of origin.
* Nearly 12 years later, the Museum became a reality and opened its doors on November 1997. The architecture of the Museum and the enclosure walls are intended to evoke traditional Nubian village architecture, as it was along the Nubian Nile before the region was flooded by Lake Nasser. Your qualified Egyptologist guide will show you some of the most important artifacts before allowing you free time to explore the museum at your leisure.
* The building is set within a landscape, on graded levels, that includes a sequence of waterfalls. When the waterway reaches the lower part of the garden, it divides into 2 branches to surround an open-air stage and amphitheater where already many local and foreign groups have performed. The remaining 43,000 square meters have been planted with palm trees, flowers, and climbing plants, spread over natural rocks.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Time: Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/15/2019 - 11/2/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:30 PM|
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
Return Details: Returns to original departure point.
- Aswan Airport, Aswan Egypt
:Tour option details are as follows
Private Tour: The Nubia Museum:
Option Descriptions: Pickup included
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 15 to 80
Infant: Age 0 to 4
Child: Age 5 to 14
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Near public transportation
Infants must sit on laps
Infant seats available
Transportation is wheelchair accessible
Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
Most travelers can participate
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate