The Museo Picasso Málaga was inaugurated in 2003. The institution has since then become fundamental for an understanding of the rich development of local culture. The museum is both a landmark and a magnet, as well as a key symbolic referent for anyone living in the capital of the Costa del Sol. For those drawn to Málaga from all parts of the world by the talent and fame of the most important painter of the 20 th century, it is moreover an invitation to learn at close hand about the life and work of the locally born artist.
A visit is made all the more attractive by the architectural merits of the Palace of Buenavista, the building that houses the Foundation, whose vernacular heritage has not only been respectfully restored but also intelligently combined with contemporary architecture.
Located in the XVI century Palacio de Buenavista, right in the city's historic heart and very near the Cathedral and the Roman Theatre, the museum offers a permanent collection devoted in its entirety to Picasso's work. Diálogos con Pablo Picasso comprises more than 100 paintings, sculptures, graphic works and ceramics that show the revolutionary inventions of his artistic trajectory. This exhibition shows the intensity and the creative ability of an artist that is fundamental to understand the history of Western art.
- Entrance ticket
- Audioguide in ten languages for the permanent collection (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish) and two for temporary exhibitions (English and Spanish). In cases where admission is free, there will be a charge for this service of € 1
- All personal expenses and expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
- Wardrobe (temporarily not available)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 01:00 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 01:00 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- All times are given in local time
- Mobile voucher accepted
- Meeting point: Palacio de Buenavista c/ San Agustín, 8. 29015 Málaga
- Operating hours: Every day 11:00am-16:30pm
The following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Adult: Age 16 to 64
Child: Age 1 to 15
Senior: Age 65+
Free admission: every Sunday the last two opening hours (up to 30 minutes before closing time), Day of Andalusia (28 February), International Museum Day (18 May) and World Tourism Day (27 September)
Audioguides are sterilized before and after each use
If you purchase a reduced price entrance, you need to go through the ticket office first
People under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult