At 135 metres, the London Eye is the world’s tallest cantilevered observation wheel, with 40 kilometres panoramic views on a clear day. The gradual rotation in one of the 32 high-tech glass capsules takes approximately 30 minutes offering spectacular views of London and its famous landmarks such as Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, St Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey and Trafalgar Square.
The gradual rotation in one of the 32 high-tech glass capsules takes approximately 30 minutes and gives you an ever changing perspective of London. Within each capsule, touch screens powered by Samsung allow you to explore the capital's iconic landmarks in several languages.
An experience on the London Eye will lift you high enough to see up to 40 kilometres on a clear day and keep you close enough to see the spectacular details of the city unfolding beneath you.
It was conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects and was launched in 2000.
It has won over 85 awards for national and international tourism, outstanding architectural quality and engineering achievement. In fact, it has become the UK’s most popular paid for visitor attraction.
A remarkable feat of design and engineering, the London Eye gave London’s skyline a dramatic new addition and has been offering guests a new perspective on London ever since. Originally, it was intended as a temporary structure, able to be dismantled and transported to a new location, and had planning permission for just five years. But with millions boarding it every year, its popularity has prompted its lease to be extended. Today it is a permanent fixture on the London skyline and a beautiful symbol of modern London.
- Standard Entry (sameday booking / advance booking): Adult / child / infant
- Fast-Track (sameday booking / advance booking): Adult / child / infant
- All personal expenses and expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 16:00 at least 1 day before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 16:00 at least 1 day before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- All times are given in local time.
- Address: Riverside Bldg, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PB
- Opening Time: 11:00-18:00
- Please use directly at Entrance. Take the lane called 'Standard entry" and show your received QR code to get in.
- Opening times vary throughout the year. Please use the tickets according to the confirmed timeslot.
Adult: Age 16+
Child: Age 3 to 15
Free of charge Policy: Free admission for children under 3. Child Policy: 3-15 years old children can enjoy the children's price.
Guest participation in temperature check prior to entry. Any person who is displaying a high temperature associated with fever will not be permitted into the attraction.
We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity per pod to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
All guests will need to wear a face covering when visiting our attraction as a condition of entry. Face coverings are not required for children under the age of 11 or if you are exempt.