Explore everything that historic York has to offer from the Hilton York Hotel. Conveniently located inside the city walls and opposite Clifforda??s Tower, this York hotel is within walking distance of some of the towna??s most popular tourist attractions and the business district. Consider traveling on public transport; the York train station is only minutes away. Your contemporary room at this York hotel has everything you need to help you feel at home. Relax on the comfortable bed as you watch on-demand movies. Step up to one of the hotela??s Executive Rooms or Suites for special extra touches and more space. Work from the comfort of your room thanks to the large desk and high-speed internet access or use the hotela??s 24-hour business center.With a choice of two fully serviced bars and restaurants, there is something on offer at the Hilton York hotel to satisfy all tastes. Savor options ranging from elegant, locally sourced cuisine to exciting Tex-Mex combinations. The restaurants serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.Host a business meeting in York in the eight flexible function rooms at the Hilton York hotel. Invite up to 180 guests for a small conference or make use of the conservatory area for a Student Ball or private function.
Hotels in York
Weather and Best time to travel:
Correctly placed between London and Edinburg, the York city lies in North Yorkshire, England. The city has Roman roots and is a quintessential doorstep to the ancient British Experience. Inside the city, the street and walls are still rich in history with independent shops and lively eateries around. Every month the city puts up a festival and attracts millions of visitors. The spirit of living and its murky history makes this city a must-visit. Lying around 270 kilometres north of London, the city is built at the confluence of River Foss and River Ouse. It enjoys a temperate climate which means it has four distinct seasons. The city’s climate is warmer and drier as compared to the rest of Yorkshire. It is also prone to fog, frosts and cold winds in winter, spring and early summer season. York also witnesses snowfall from December to April but it easily melts. So, keeping all of this in mind the best season to visit would be from March to May. The city looks beautiful around this time due to flowers blooming all around. But this happens to be the peak season as well, so you may find a large crowd around and expensive accommodation. Booking is recommended!
Airport / nearby airport:
Although York doesn’t have an airport of its own, two nearby airports serve the visitors to this city. These are Manchester Airport and Leeds Bradford Airport. Manchester Airport is located in Manchester city which is 84 miles from York city centre. This distance is made easy to cover by the TransPennine Express Train, which reaches York in just an hour. There are ample trains available throughout the day. Other modes of travel include cab or bus but the journey will take more time.
York is just 22 miles north-east of Leeds and is the closest airport to the city. So another way to reach York is to take a flight to Leeds. You can either take a train or a bus or a taxi for getting to York from Leeds Bradford Airport. The train runs every 20 minutes from Leeds station to York. Alternatively, there is a bus from Leeds bus station to York city every 30 minutes by the Yorkshire Coastliner bus operator. Or else, book a taxi from the airport directly to York city, which takes 45 minutes to reach the city.
Roaming around the little city of York is made possible by various transports available. These include
- Buses: The city’s public transport system is mostly bus-based. First York operates major local buses in the city from James Street depot. Some sight-seeing buses are operated by an operator called Transdev York.
- York Park and Ride: This transport means is widely accepted in York city. In this system the transport company allows commuters to park their vehicles in their parking facilities and get on a bus for the forward journey. There are 6 parks and ride spots in the city, located at Monks Cross, Poppleton Bar, Rawcliffe Bar, Aksham Bar, Grimston Bar and York Designer Outlet.
- Taxis or Car Hire: You can always book a cab or hire a car to roam around York.
- Cycle Hire: York is perfectly designed for all kinds of biking adventures. Go and book yourself a cycle to explore the city.
How to get to York:
York does not have an airport of its own. But fortunately, it is served by two airports which are known for their class, connectivity and service. One of them is Manchester Airport. It is the third busiest airport in terms of passenger traffic and thirteenth airport worldwide to serve 199 destinations. It is a major hub for airlines like EasyJet, Logan Air, Ryan Air, Virgin Atlantic, TUI Airways and BA City Flyer. The airport has direct flights to many cities in countries like America, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, China, France, UAE, India and the UK. The other airport is Leeds Bradford Airport which is situated just 22 miles from York city. The airport operates flights to many domestic destinations and cities in Europe. It is a major hub for Jet2.com airline.
Hotel info, prices for different hotel range:
York is a small city but not small in the number of people who visit here annually. Hence there are varied options to stay in the city. You will find all classes of hotels in York like the 5-star, 4-star, 3-star, flashpacker style, backpacker style and guesthouses as well. Following three areas in the city will serve you the best:
- Holgate and City Centre: These two areas lie close to all major attractions in the city like museums, landmarks, pubs, restaurants and recreational activities. There is a single 5-star York hotel which charges 186€ for a day. The 4-star hotel here charges somewhere between 106€ to 170€ depending on your preferences while a 3-star in this area charge between 112€ to 151€ a day.
- North York: Some cheap hotels in York are located here since it lies away from the city centre. This area has many shops but restaurants, pubs and hotels are limited in number.
Book York hotels in advance to grab astounding York hotel deals. The prices are just an estimate and might change!
York Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in York
York is a gorgeous city and the second most popular holiday destination in the UK after London. Some famous York attractions include:
- York Minster: Visit this sacred place in the city and feel the Glory of God. You will find collections of handcrafted stone and medieval stained glasses telling the tale of Jesus Christ. To get some gorgeous views of the city, climb up to the Central Tower which also happens to be the highest point of the city.
- York Castle Museum: An amazing place to get an insight into what English life had been through the centuries. The interactive galleries here have historic objects showcasing the past life. The museum also has innovative ways to learn about the city’s past.
- Railway Museum: Another place in your things to do in York list should be this award-winning museum which houses 200 years of train history. There are trains on which you can get on like steam trains, Royal trains and Japanese bullet trains. Be a part of interactive science shows arranged here and enjoy leisurely train rides.
Top food places in York
York is an ultimate foodie destination. It has modern fine dining restaurants, delectable street food and wine bars to tickle your taste buds. Following areas has the best food available in the city:
- Castlegate area has some of the fine-dining restaurants in the city serving food from all over the world. It has many touristy bistros as well. Micklegate is the most interesting area in the city holding major independent eateries.
- Do not forget to relish delicious street food shops available in the Shambles Market.
- Gillygate has some amazing cheap cafes in the city and is a must-visit.
Trip.com can be your partner in booking an amazing holiday to York. Book your flights and hotel through this website to earn amazing discounts and avail their 24/7 assistance. Trip.com also recommends major sights and food places in the city.