Whether you are looking for a hotel near all the famous historical attractions of York or you need accommodation close to some of the city's corporate headquarters, the Hampton by Hilton York hotel offers a comfortable and convenient base for your time in the area. Enjoy the fantastic location, overlooking the iconic Roman walls, and within walking distance of York's key sites, museums, shops, and restaurants.Great for business, our York hotel features a range of amenities to help you stay focused on the road. Catch up with work at the 24-hour business center, hold a meeting in the boardroom, or work from the comfort of the desk with ergonomic chair in your room. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access throughout the hotel.Save and get a head start on your day with Hampton's free hot breakfast served in our warm and inviting restaurant. Meet with colleagues for lunch, and choose from the delicious dinner menu in the evening. Take the little ones - there's plenty of nutritious choices for them on our dedicated children's menu. It's easy to stay active with the modern fitness center at our hotel in York city center. At the end of a hectic day, retire to your guest room to watch the 32-inch HDTV and enjoy a sound night's sleep in the comfy bed. Friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings every time. If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our commitment and your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton??.
Hotels in York
Weather and Best time to travel:
Correctly placed between London and Edinburg, the York city lies in North Yorkshire, England. The city has Roman roots and is a quintessential doorstep to the ancient British Experience. Inside the city, the street and walls are still rich in history with independent shops and lively eateries around. Every month the city puts up a festival and attracts millions of visitors. The spirit of living and its murky history makes this city a must-visit. Lying around 270 kilometres north of London, the city is built at the confluence of River Foss and River Ouse. It enjoys a temperate climate which means it has four distinct seasons. The city’s climate is warmer and drier as compared to the rest of Yorkshire. It is also prone to fog, frosts and cold winds in winter, spring and early summer season. York also witnesses snowfall from December to April but it easily melts. So, keeping all of this in mind the best season to visit would be from March to May. The city looks beautiful around this time due to flowers blooming all around. But this happens to be the peak season as well, so you may find a large crowd around and expensive accommodation. Booking is recommended!
Airport / nearby airport:
Although York doesn’t have an airport of its own, two nearby airports serve the visitors to this city. These are Manchester Airport and Leeds Bradford Airport. Manchester Airport is located in Manchester city which is 84 miles from York city centre. This distance is made easy to cover by the TransPennine Express Train, which reaches York in just an hour. There are ample trains available throughout the day. Other modes of travel include cab or bus but the journey will take more time.
York is just 22 miles north-east of Leeds and is the closest airport to the city. So another way to reach York is to take a flight to Leeds. You can either take a train or a bus or a taxi for getting to York from Leeds Bradford Airport. The train runs every 20 minutes from Leeds station to York. Alternatively, there is a bus from Leeds bus station to York city every 30 minutes by the Yorkshire Coastliner bus operator. Or else, book a taxi from the airport directly to York city, which takes 45 minutes to reach the city.
Roaming around the little city of York is made possible by various transports available. These include
- Buses: The city’s public transport system is mostly bus-based. First York operates major local buses in the city from James Street depot. Some sight-seeing buses are operated by an operator called Transdev York.
- York Park and Ride: This transport means is widely accepted in York city. In this system the transport company allows commuters to park their vehicles in their parking facilities and get on a bus for the forward journey. There are 6 parks and ride spots in the city, located at Monks Cross, Poppleton Bar, Rawcliffe Bar, Aksham Bar, Grimston Bar and York Designer Outlet.
- Taxis or Car Hire: You can always book a cab or hire a car to roam around York.
- Cycle Hire: York is perfectly designed for all kinds of biking adventures. Go and book yourself a cycle to explore the city.
How to get to York:
York does not have an airport of its own. But fortunately, it is served by two airports which are known for their class, connectivity and service. One of them is Manchester Airport. It is the third busiest airport in terms of passenger traffic and thirteenth airport worldwide to serve 199 destinations. It is a major hub for airlines like EasyJet, Logan Air, Ryan Air, Virgin Atlantic, TUI Airways and BA City Flyer. The airport has direct flights to many cities in countries like America, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, China, France, UAE, India and the UK. The other airport is Leeds Bradford Airport which is situated just 22 miles from York city. The airport operates flights to many domestic destinations and cities in Europe. It is a major hub for Jet2.com airline.
Hotel info, prices for different hotel range:
York is a small city but not small in the number of people who visit here annually. Hence there are varied options to stay in the city. You will find all classes of hotels in York like the 5-star, 4-star, 3-star, flashpacker style, backpacker style and guesthouses as well. Following three areas in the city will serve you the best:
- Holgate and City Centre: These two areas lie close to all major attractions in the city like museums, landmarks, pubs, restaurants and recreational activities. There is a single 5-star York hotel which charges 186€ for a day. The 4-star hotel here charges somewhere between 106€ to 170€ depending on your preferences while a 3-star in this area charge between 112€ to 151€ a day.
- North York: Some cheap hotels in York are located here since it lies away from the city centre. This area has many shops but restaurants, pubs and hotels are limited in number.
Book York hotels in advance to grab astounding York hotel deals. The prices are just an estimate and might change!
York Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in York
York is a gorgeous city and the second most popular holiday destination in the UK after London. Some famous York attractions include:
- York Minster: Visit this sacred place in the city and feel the Glory of God. You will find collections of handcrafted stone and medieval stained glasses telling the tale of Jesus Christ. To get some gorgeous views of the city, climb up to the Central Tower which also happens to be the highest point of the city.
- York Castle Museum: An amazing place to get an insight into what English life had been through the centuries. The interactive galleries here have historic objects showcasing the past life. The museum also has innovative ways to learn about the city’s past.
- Railway Museum: Another place in your things to do in York list should be this award-winning museum which houses 200 years of train history. There are trains on which you can get on like steam trains, Royal trains and Japanese bullet trains. Be a part of interactive science shows arranged here and enjoy leisurely train rides.
Top food places in York
York is an ultimate foodie destination. It has modern fine dining restaurants, delectable street food and wine bars to tickle your taste buds. Following areas has the best food available in the city:
- Castlegate area has some of the fine-dining restaurants in the city serving food from all over the world. It has many touristy bistros as well. Micklegate is the most interesting area in the city holding major independent eateries.
- Do not forget to relish delicious street food shops available in the Shambles Market.
- Gillygate has some amazing cheap cafes in the city and is a must-visit.
Trip.com can be your partner in booking an amazing holiday to York. Book your flights and hotel through this website to earn amazing discounts and avail their 24/7 assistance. Trip.com also recommends major sights and food places in the city.