I booked the hotel over a month ago, and just minutes after booking, I realized I'd booked an extra night (the first night is on a long-haul flight). I immediately called Ctrip to negotiate canceling the first night, while keeping the remaining three nights, or keeping both rooms for four nights, just postponing the dates by one day. However, even though it's still over a month before my trip, the hotel still refuses to make any changes, and of course, won't refund me. Despite multiple attempts to communicate, they still insist on no refund and no postponement. I just don't understand, why can't they negotiate to cancel one night or postpone it to a later night when there's still over a month until check-in? It's not a weekend or holiday, nor is it the peak summer season; it's a one-size-fits-all approach with no refunds and no postponements!!
Original TextTranslation provided by Google